Meet Dan the Sparky Man – Master Electrician
- Dan completed his apprenticeship in Adelaide and became a qualified electrician by the age of 20.
- In the great Aussie tradition, he took a ‘gap’ year, cruising the Whitsundays and working for a Charterboat Company.
- Dan very quickly decided that he liked being his own boss. So, he started his own show at the age of 22.
- In 2006, Dan relocated to the Gold Coast and set up shop. Starting from scratch with zero clients or contacts, he pounded the pavement doing letterbox drops and visiting real estate agents, lighting stores and local businesses to drum up some work.
- Between 2007 and 2011 Dan slowly grew his team to meet the demand of the local building and booming solar industry.
- Won the local Gold Coast Small Business Award for Trades and Services and was a finalist for the GC Young Entrepreneur of the Year in 2012.
- In 2013, Dan had the honour of working in Vietnam after a client asked him to project manage a major electrical refurbishment of his factory. He led a team of 20 local electricians to bring the factory’s wiring up to Australian Standards. (And when you don’t speak Vietnamese, this was quite the job!)
- After an intensive review process, Dan qualified as an Accredited Master Electrician in 2013.
- In the past 7 years, Dan and his wife Kelly have worked tirelessly to grow the business – training, upskilling and developing the team – and building a reputation as the best in the business! (While at the same time, raising a growing family of three)
“Mate, all you’ve got to do to survive here on the Gold Coast is to show up when you say you are going to and do a good job – that’s it – because no-one else is doing it”
Dan took that advice. It’s what he focused on back then, and it’s how his whole team still works today.
Show Up > Do an amazing job > Clean-up
Thanks to these basic principles (plus Dan’s near superhuman work ethic), the business has grown from that single van to a team of 12.
GET THIS EBOOK FOR FREE!
We would like to take the opportunity to thank Dan and team for the amazing work they have completed at our home in Burleigh Waters. They recently installed a 3kW Solar System for us and we couldn’t be happier. We found Dan to be very knowledgeable about his products and his explanation of how the process worked was very clear and easy to understand. He took the time to explain what government rebates were available, what savings we could expect on our electricity bills and even how to interpret the readings on our Inverter once it was installed. Our last electricity bill was $900 for the quarter, but since we have had the Solar installed, this quarter we received a $40 credit! A great job at an affordable price. Thanks Dan and team for allowing us to open our Electricity bills without fainting!
I wanted Solar and I wanted to save money, who wouldn’t? I spoke to Dan and he explained it all so that I could understand it. His team installed a 3kW system at my home and did a mighty job. As a bonus, they completed all the Energex and Government paperwork. I chose this company as I like the fact that they are Electricians as well as Solar Installers giving me peace of mind that I can call on them should something go wrong in the future. I now also use them for all my electrical work and have always found them very helpful and easy to get along with. I highly recommend Dan and his team to anyone.
Just to use this opportunity to express our thanks and great satisfaction with the work done and your staff consideration and care. Indeed you have a wonderful group of highly professional people working for you.
Hi Dan as per our telephone conversation today, wanted to praise Luke and Max when they installed my Solar panels. They were great, professional and helpful, Luke explained everything about the system in laymans terms and for both nothing was a problem, These guy’s are a great asset to your company.
We decided to get a Solar System installed on our house. The first step was who to use. After much research we decided to use a locally owned and operated company “Dan the Sparky Man”. On the morning of Saturday 2nd June 2012, right on 8am as promised (even though it was raining) young Luke turned up with a big smile and enthusiasm to match. The installation could not have gone smoother. In what were rather adverse conditions, Luke got it and got the job done with no fuss and best of all, I didn’t have to lift a finger! The whole process was organised for us and I can’t speak highly enough of Luke’s workmanship. What a top Aussie bloke! We would highly recommend Dan the Sparky Man for anyone considering getting Solar installed.
I would just like to let you know of what a terrific job Rhys did this morning installing my new under bench oven and cook top. He proved to be very knowledgeable and managed all areas of the installation at a very professional level. Rhys also was very helpful overall and courteous and it was a pleasure having him in my house. In a nutshell – Rhys is a credit to your company and a shining example of what a terrific service person should be like. Please thank him from me again.
IUrban Trend Construction has been satisfied customers of Dan the Sparky Man for many years. Dan Carpenter the managing director of Dan the Sparky Man is always dependable and provides accurate quoting with the shortest turn-a-around periods. His staff are efficient and capable with a high degree of product knowledge. Our builder has used, Dan the Sparky Man for many of his own home’s electrical needs and the team are always on time, polite and treat his home as if it were their own – always cleaning up after. Thanks boys!
As a builder who carries out work on both domestic and commercial projects, I need to know that my Electrician can handle anything that I throw at them. I need to know that they have the ability to provide personalised service for the domestic renovations as well as the technical ability to handle the works at commercial shopping centres. I have found I receive all of this and more from Dan the Sparky Man. I get excellent service, technical advice and support where I need it and guaranteed turnaround on all my jobs – no matter how tight the deadline. It is imperative for my business that I get great service and support from my sub-contractors – and I get this from the team at Dan the Sparky Man every time.
Affordable home improvements, the Brighte way.
Turn your home improvement plan into a reality and pay back over time with a 0% Interest Payment Plan^. Available for purchases from $1,000 to $30,000.